~Mystical Lodge~
Hello to you! :hello:

Welcome to Mystical Lodge...
We are a friendly forum community discussing the paranormal, mystical, and spiritual.

Everyone is welcome at Mystical Lodge, no matter what path you follow.
We have many different topics, and discussions.. and we are adding more every day. We also offer a free chat room for our registered members to enjoy.

(Guests only have access to small portions of the forum, and can't comment on posts, or visit the chat room.)

To have FULL access to everything Mystical Lodge has to offer... please register... (it's FREE.)

We hope to see you soon, and thank you for stopping by! Very Happy
Blessings..
~ From the Mystical Lodge staff ~

A friendly forum community with many topics and discussions about the paranormal, mystical, and spiritual.. We offer a chat room for our registered members, and an environment that feels like 'home'.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Contact UsContact Us  Log inLog in  
Photobucket
Please Vote For Us :)
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posting users this week
Latest topics
» Please Vote For Us...
Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:41 pm by ozombadiwe

» Fleeting Beauty of the Jewels of the Sea
Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:50 pm by Storm Silverhair

» Cockatiel Sings If Youre Happy and You Know it and Talks
Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:10 pm by Storm Silverhair

» The Mystery Of Astral Projection
Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:11 pm by Autumn

» 400-year-old witchcraft trial resumes in Germany
Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:01 pm by Faerielass

» Witch Hunt in Zimbabwe for 'Holy Water' Goblin Killer
Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:52 pm by Faerielass

»  Skateboarding Bulldog Skates, Skimboards, and SURFS!! .
Sat May 25, 2013 5:33 pm by Faerielass

»  The Legend of Morrow Road
Wed May 22, 2013 4:17 pm by Faerielass

» Edgar Cayce's Obama Prophecy
Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:58 pm by Faerielass

» Mantis Shrimp: My Favorite Shrimp
Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:26 pm by Storm Silverhair

Tarot Reader
Photobucket
Orbs
Photobucket
Chakras
Photobucket
Meditation
Photobucket
Share | 

Difference Between Psychic and Medium

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
celticspirit
Cherubim
Cherubim

PostSubject: Difference Between Psychic and Medium   Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:46 am

OK Gang - I thought this would be good for a discussion as I have always struggled with this....

Most people think that a psychic is also a medium or vice versa. However, these two terms are totally different from one another. If you want to get the services of a psychic or a medium, you have to know their different capabilities in order to get accurate insights into the spiritual world.

First of all, a medium has psychic abilities but not all psychics are capable of becoming mediums. A medium can directly communicate with the spirits in the afterlife. This special ability can not be performed by a psychic. A medium serves as a channel between the world of the living and the afterlife which is beyond the abilities of a psychic.

On the other hand, a psychic can foretell the future by using several spiritual channels. For example, a psychic can provide insights for you concerning relationships, career, money, or love. A medium can not foresee these things or future events. Some medium cannot read tarots or harness the power of other spiritual channels like crystal balls, runes, or cards.

A medium reads the messages of the spirits in the afterlife. This means the reader will just transmit to the sitter the messages or signals from the spiritual world. In contrast, a psychic reads your aura and the presence that could influence your future. This means that a psychic directly interacts with the sitter and will not be able to contact the spirits at all.

In most cases, a psychic can commercialize his or her abilities. This is rarely seen among mediums because they can lose their ability to communicate with the spirits if they commercialize their services.

A psychic and a medium are different from each other. Just remember that a psychic reads your aura to foretell your future while a medium reads the messages of the spirits.

Source: differencebetween.net/miscellaneous/difference-between-psychic-and-medium/

Love & Light

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Faerielass
Administrator /co-founder /forum topics researcher

PostSubject: Re: Difference Between Psychic and Medium   Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:16 pm

Not all Psychics are Mediums and Vice versa .

There are no fast and hard rules when it comes to peoples Individula gifts , Ive come to learn from Personal Experiences that all Messages received from the Spirit World are different , the energy is different , the speed of the messages is different , the way the messages are delivered is different , which comes to my point , just like us Spirit have their own shall we call it personalities , its pure consciousness. Each have their own Individuality so they will have different modes of contact , some are very subtle , some are very demonstrative and some are in between .

We all have had completely random thoughts and wondered where the thoughts came from , I have now come to realise there are no random thoughts , I now stop and listen to what my thoughts are telling me . Spirit, Guides the Angels have been connecting with us for Eons , we are always too busy to Listen , you know we miss out on vital Iformation, each and every one of us is capable of exploring our own consciousness, we were given gifts in our genetic coding , know what ive come to realise and what really saddens me deeply is people really have no idea of the beauty that we have at our fingertips , Mother Earth provided us with so much Information , gave us all her resources and when I hear people dismissing it as rubbish it upsets me , but , this I have discovered we are all responsible for developing our own uniqueness, all Individually responsible for nurturing the spiritual side of us .

We are not Bodies with Souls , we are however Souls with bodies.

My advice dismiss nothing as untrue , just because you have not experienced it , does not make it untrue . Be open and receptive , there is so much wonder for us all to experience , go and explore and enjoy

Back to top Go down
http://mysticallodge.forumotions.net
Autumn
Administrator /co-founder
Administrator /co-founder

PostSubject: Re: Difference Between Psychic and Medium   Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:44 pm

Faerielass wrote:
Not all Psychics are Mediums and Vice versa .
We are not Bodies with Souls , we are however Souls with bodies.

My advice dismiss nothing as untrue , just because you have not experienced it , does not make it untrue . Be open and receptive , there is so much wonder for us all to experience , go and explore and enjoy

Well said Fae, i agree. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Faerielass

PostSubject: Re: Difference Between Psychic and Medium   Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:39 pm

Open mind Autumn, thats what i try to achieve . It would be a very dull world if we were all the same :LOL:

Back to top Go down
celticspirit
Cherubim
Cherubim

PostSubject: Re: Difference Between Psychic and Medium   Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:46 am

I think it comes down again to giving people names/tags which I personally think is completely wrong. I know it is sometimes to make people feel like they belong but sometimes it makes people egotistical and powerful. Although, saying that I know that you need to give it a name.... It is a difficult one but I think a lot of people out there use these titles in a bad way and that is not what the spiritual world is about.

I have a real hang up over titles I am afraid! I think it is very dangerous....

I do agree with you Faerie though in everything you say...... everybody receives messages in different ways - none of us get the same message in the same way - besides, life would be very boring if it happened in that way!!

I always receive random thoughts lol and have often dismissed them in the past but since being open to following my spiritual path I try not to dismiss them but none of us are perfect (well??!!) and we do sometimes dismiss them or not even click that it is a message. In that case I think the spirits, guides etc will try to give you a bigger hint - thats when you pay attention to the random thought!!

Sorry, to harp on.......

Love & Light

Back to top Go down
Faerielass

PostSubject: Re: Difference Between Psychic and Medium   Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:14 pm

Yes I agree with you name tags can be very damaging and they do not always fit as snugly as they seem to. Throw enough mud and it sticks comes to mind , sow the seed of doubt and it roots very fast .

Celtic there will always be Power Junkies , some people cannot survive unless they are in control and they need to demonstrate that , unfortunately it can have a very negative Impact on the people on the receiving end of their obsession. These people cannot function unless they are forcing others to believe they are THE BOSS. This I call Narcissism in full flight , unfortunately these Narcissists will find people with a weak disposition to Control. Personally I would not tolerate them for five seconds and can see theit agenda from miles away , they could also see me from miles , their reaction to me and people like me who have strong character and would not be pulled into the game with them is to attack us , usually to demoralise and demean and usually with a verbal assualt , they cannot believe anyone would have the affront to actually STAND UP FOR THEMSELVES .

Im sure all you guys know a person or persons just like that , my advise stand your ground , let it be known that you will not tolerate it , have your say and move on , they will keep repeating the assualt if you enter into any verbal communication with them, remember they need to demoralise to break your spirit , never allow them into or near your Aura , ground/shield and block them.

My Dad told me many many times , you cannot make less of a person than to ignore them, that takes away their power , they cannot break the barrier if they are being ignored , but remember this will Infuriate them and it may take some time for them to let up.

Yes we are all different and each of us have an Individual right to express ourselves based on our beliefs , we must respect that ..

Now whos off on a tangent :LOL: Ill stop now :ROTFL:

Back to top Go down

Difference Between Psychic and Medium

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
~Mystical Lodge~ :: The Psychic Realms :: Psychics, Mediums, & Prophets-