~Mystical Lodge~
Hello to you! :hello:

Welcome to Mystical Lodge...
We are a friendly forum community discussing the paranormal, mystical, and spiritual.

Everyone is welcome at Mystical Lodge, no matter what path you follow.
We have many different topics, and discussions.. and we are adding more every day. We also offer a free chatbox for our registered members to enjoy.

(Guests only have access to small portions of the forum, and can't comment on posts, or visit the chatbox.)

To have FULL access to everything Mystical Lodge has to offer... please register... (it's FREE.)

We hope to see you soon, and thank you for stopping by! Very Happy
Blessings..
~ From the Mystical Lodge staff ~

A friendly forum community with many topics and discussions about the paranormal, mystical, and spiritual.. We offer a chatbox for our registered members, and an environment that feels like 'home'.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Contact UsContact Us  Log inLog in  
Photobucket
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posting users this week
Latest topics
Tarot Reader
Photobucket
Orbs
Photobucket
Chakras
Photobucket
Meditation
Photobucket
Unicorn
Photobucket

Share | 

cyptid hunting and finding the truth in stories

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
drake

PostSubject: cyptid hunting and finding the truth in stories    Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:35 pm

first off from a very young age i have been fascinated by strange creatures chupacabra big foot
lochness monster the Thunderbird i used to say to myself i wish something would show up in my home town :LOL:

well sure enough a good time later the lizard man of lee county showed up
but after the first sighting it exploded it must have been a lizard man/woman family reunion relatives coming out of the wood work it was a party
then as fast as it started it stopped this however did not stop the locals from cashing in on the hype they have lizard man t shirts water bottles GIANT foam lizard man costume :laugh:
so when we look at this we have to be objective
the first sighting may have had something to it once the "hype" starts everyone wants to see something so they do
not to mention the local towns cash in with tourists wanting to get eaten by something famous
after the first sighting everything else should be picked apart like a turkey on thanksgiving
environmental status at the time of sightings was there logging going on could said creature have been pushed out into a large urban area or working well traveled road ?
however on the note of lizard man i think it was mistaken identity probably bear but its a good example
of cryptid fever
you could also look at it being a thought form but that's my opinion

sightings also pick up on Halloween and other "spooky" times :LOL:

"normal is an illusion. what is chaos for the fly is normal for the spider "

"errrrgghhh" - mister bubbles

"tubby tiger! " -two kinds

Back to top Go down
Faerielass
Administrator /co-founder /forum topics researcher

PostSubject: Re: cyptid hunting and finding the truth in stories    Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:41 am

I find it interesting that you mentioned it could have been thought form, create enough energy and something is bound to manifest , not always positive unfortunately this is also known as a Tulpa in Tibetan mysticism.

A tulpa is one type of thoughtform. It is an intentionally-created individual thoughtform, created by one person with the training to do so. One other modern example was when a group created a thoughtform as a fictitious ghost that began to “haunt” the property.

Another type of individual thoughtform intentionally created by an individual is a servitor; in this case, it is a thoughtform created by a magician through ritual to accomplish a particular task or guard a location, treasure, etc.

There are also inadvertently-created thoughtforms. One example is Clive Barker’s “Candyman.” I would think that many urban legends have become inadvertent thoughtforms. One thing that magicians caution when creating a thoughtform/servitor/etc. is to put a limit on the lifespan of such a thing, say a year, etc. If you don’t put a limit on such things, they become unruly and begin to develop a rudimentary independent existence and do things on their own (like “Candyman”).

Egregores are group-created thoughtforms, generally made over long periods of time. Egregores can be created intentionally or unintentionally. I wouldn’t doubt that the Jersey Devil is a sort of egregore, or evil clowns or madgassers or Men In Black. I wouldn’t doubt that the chupacabras (whatever the original source/inspiration) is becoming/has become an egregore. “Curious Encounters” seems to indicate that the Loch Ness monster might be some kind of egregore as well.

It may be possible that certain cryptids are actually thoughtforms- or manifestations of the cryptids. It may also be possible that entities “clothe” themselves in available thoughtforms, the way hermit crabs hide in the shells of other marine creatures.

That is not to say there are no “real” biological Sasquatches or Lake Monsters. My own intuition is that, as with UFOs/mystery lights/etc., that several phenomenon are conflated into one label.

A UFO might be a misidentified plane, star, satellite, earth light (piezoelectricity), ball lightning, meteor, optical illusion. But it may also be some sort of experimental aircraft or technology, or a hoax. Or it might be trooping fairies, an extraterrestrial ship, intradimensional entity, thoughtform/shell, or God knows what. ALL lumped together as UFO, properly, since all UFO means anyways is “Unidentified Flying Object.”

It doesn’t necessarily HAVE to EITHER be a biological ape-man OR a hoax/delusion etc. There are other options. Maybe 5% of sightings are of some undiscovered biological anthropoid, while 95% can explained in other ways. But it can’t be dismissed. Meldrum has made too many good points as far as I can see.

The scientific method can PROVE nothing. It can only eliminate alternative explanations through MULTIPLE working hypotheses. It is not healthy to invest in either Choice A or B; it might be Choice H or Choice R. And while laboratory science with its controlled conditions and repeatable experiments has a higher status and verifiability in the scientific community than field science, field sciences (like geology) are also scientific, IF proper scientific method based on deductive reasoning, etc. is followed.

Science is the best we have to understand material reality. If there are realities that are not material, science may not be the suitable tool. Of course materialists deny anything outside the material is “real.” Most phenomena can be explained though conventional means, but not all.

Who knows? The only thing that seems true is the deeper you go into this stuff, the curiouser and curiouser “reality” becomes.

Back to top Go down
http://mysticallodge.forumotions.net
drake

PostSubject: Re: cyptid hunting and finding the truth in stories    Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:23 pm

on a side note as much as my gut instinct screams at me not to i want to look into the jersey devil :laugh:

Back to top Go down
Faerielass

PostSubject: Re: cyptid hunting and finding the truth in stories    Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:24 am

:ROTFL: :ROTFL:

Let me know your findings :verymad:

Back to top Go down
drake

PostSubject: Re: cyptid hunting and finding the truth in stories    Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:59 am

:ROTFL: day 4 still running after the events of day 2 :ROTFL:

Back to top Go down
Faerielass

PostSubject: Re: cyptid hunting and finding the truth in stories    Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:11 pm

:rotf: Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cyptid hunting and finding the truth in stories    

Back to top Go down

cyptid hunting and finding the truth in stories
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
~Mystical Lodge~ :: Mystical Creatures & Other Beings :: Unexplained Creatures-
Jump to: